Here are three different bubble recipes that will show you how to make a DIY bubble solution without the chemical glycerine. It’s simple, safe and easy and will make for hours of fun!
Soap bubbles are popular with children and adults alike. And the gleaming rainbow-colored spheres are even more fun when they’re homemade. There are countless recipes out there you can use to make your own DIY bubble solution.
However, the majority of bubble recipes use the base component glycerine. This is a chemical generally obtained from animal products, petroleum, or palm oil. So it can be a product of industrial farming, deforestation, or other practices which harm the environment.
If you want to show you kids how to make bubbles, it’s best to teach them a sustainable way. We’ll show you three simple glycerine-free bubble solution recipes using simple ingredients that you probably already have at home.
Warning: Ensure that children only work with the following ingredients under close supervision of an adult!
#1 How to Make Bubbles with Corn Syrup
For this bubble recipe, you’ll only need three simple household ingredients. You can find corn syrup at organic food stores as well as well-stocked supermarkets and drugstores. Distilled water and dish soap can also be found in drugstores and supermarkets. Or you could use homemade dish soap.
For your homemade soap bubbles you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups of distilled water
- 2/5 cups of dish soap
- 2 3/4 tbsps. of corn syrup
Here’s how to make your own DIY bubble solution:
- Mix the ingredients and let the mixture rest for at least an hour.
- Stir once more before you use it.
#2 Bubble Recipe Using Vegetable Oil
You can also simply replace the glycerine with vegetable oil – one ingredient which you will certainly already have at home. For this bubble solution recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 4 tbsps. of dish soap
- 2 to 4 drops of plant oil
Here’s how to make this quick and easy DIY bubble solution:
- Pour the water into a large pot.
- Add the dish soap while stirring until dissolved.
- Let the mixture sit for about five minutes.
- Add a few drops of vegetable oil and you’re done!
Tip: Did you know that simple vegetable oil is also a great home remedy for clogged ears?
#3 DIY Bubble Solution Without Glycerine and Dish Soap
Finally, Utopia has a bubble recipe in store for you that contains neither glycerine nor detergent. For this simple and safe DIY bubble solution recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 gallons of water
- 25 oz. of neutral soap (can be found at your local drug store)
- 17 1/2 oz. of sugar
- 1 2/5 oz. of wallpaper adhesive
Tip: If you’re interested in making your own soap, you can find 3 soap recipes here.
For this bubble recipe, proceed as follows:
- Heat 1/4 gallon of water and pour it into a bucket or large pot.
- Pour the soap, wallpaper paste, and sugar into the water.
- Stir until the ingredients have dissolved.
- Add the remaining 1 1/4 gallons of lukewarm water.
- Continue stirring until the mixture forms a homogeneous liquid. Make sure that there is no foam.
- Let the liquid rest for about an hour.
- Stir again before use.
We hope you and your kids enjoy your DIY bubble solution!
This article was translated from German to English. You can view the original here: Seifenblasen selber machen: Einfaches Rezept für Kinder.** Links to retailers are partially affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?