So many cleaning supplies out there are filled with toxic, environmentally harmful chemicals. Follow this easy DIY recipe for an all-natural homemade laminate floor cleaner!
First Things First: Natural Ingredients
Our recipe for homemade laminate floor cleaner contains a simple list of cheap ingredients that you can find at any grocery store.
- Rubbing alcohol
- White vinegar
- Essential oils (optional – usually lemon scents are a great option for floors)
- Measuring cup (at least 10 oz big)
- Cleaning bucket
- Reusable spray bottle (optional)
Need to make an all-natural cleaner for your dirty windows? Check out our piece on Homemade Window Cleaner: DIY Glass Cleaner For a Streak-Free Shine
How To Make Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner in 4 Easy Steps
Creating your natural laminate floor cleaner is a relatively simple process that takes just minutes to put together.
- Measure out 10 oz of rubbing alcohol and pour into a bucket
- Measure out 10 oz of white vinegar and add to alcohol
- Measure out 10 oz of water and add to alcohol-vinegar mixture
- If you want, add a few drops (3-4) of essential oil and stir everything together thoroughly
Note: This recipe is a simple combination of 1:1 ratio ingredients. If you need to make a smaller batch, simply measure out less alcohol, vinegar, and water.
Cleaning Laminate Floors With Natural Cleaner
You might be asking yourself: When should I clean my laminate floors? Generally, it’s wise to deep clean them (using a bucket and mop) every 2-4 weeks, or when you notice stains or dust collecting on the floor. Of course, always be sure to sweep the floor before you mop it with your natural cleaner.
There are a few different ways you can go about applying our homemade laminate cleaner. If you’re going for a truly deep clean of your floor, you’ll want to grab a mop to compliment your bucket of DIY cleaner and get to work. Alternatively, if you’re just looking to do a quick touch-up, you can pour some of your mixture into a reusable spray bottle and grab a mop with reusable pads (available at your local home appliance shop or online, for example on Amazon**). In this case, simply spray your cleaning mixture on any dirty parts of your floor and go over it with your mop pad. This is a great option for cleaning up small spills, or if you just want to tidy up before some guests arrive.
- Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Two All-Natural Recipes
- How To Clean Your Refrigerator: Natural Fridge Cleaner
- DIY Upholstery Cleaner: Deep Cleaning Your Furniture
Do you like this post?