Wondering how to clean an electric kettle? Whether you need to descale the inside or just give it a good wash, this quick and simple method is for you.
An electric kettle is a must-have appliance for anyone who likes drinking tea or prefers a fast water-boiling method. They’re quick and energy-efficient compared to boiling water on the stove or in the microwave. Whether you want to add your electric kettle to your spring cleaning list or incorporate a wash into your weekly routine, learn how to clean an electric kettle using this simple, natural method.
How to Clean an Electric Kettle With Vinegar
Electric kettles are known for being low maintenance, but they do need cleaning occasionally. This is due to the build-up of minerals from your tap water or bottled water supply, such as magnesium and calcium. When cleaning an electric kettle, the best ingredient to use is vinegar due to its ability to kill germs. It can descale your kettle and remove any funky odors lingering inside.
- Fill your kettle with ½ cup vinegar and 1½ cups water.
- Stick the kettle on, allow it to boil, and then leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your kettle with water until the vinegar scent is gone. You can also use a cloth to wipe out any mineral buildup.
How to Clean the Outside of an Electric Kettle
If your kettle lives on the countertop near the stove, it’s possible that the outside picks up a bit of grease and grime. To clean it easily and quickly, use the following steps:
- Grab a soapy rag.
- Wring it out so that it’s damp, not dripping.
- Give your kettle a good wipe.
It’s important to note that you should never immerse your electric kettle fully in water or place it in the dishwasher. If the base is dirty, carefully wipe it with a soapy rag to eliminate the grime.
- Decaf Green Tea Benefits for Your Health & the Best Alternatives
- Use White Vinegar and Borax as an Alternative to Baking Soda
- Pasta Water: The Secret Ingredient to Amazing Sauces
Do you like this post?