Vegan stuffed mushrooms can be served as finger food at parties or as a side dish. You’ll love the nutty and sweet taste of the walnut and sun-dried tomato filling.
Vegan stuffed mushrooms only take ten minutes to prepare and twenty minutes to bake. This recipe uses a tasty stuffing of walnuts, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms, making it healthy and delicious. Rather than using a topping of melted cheese, we use a parsley lemon dressing which goes well with the stuffing.
This recipe uses medium to large white mushrooms, making it great finger food for a party or a yummy side dish to salad and bread. Alternatively, portobello mushrooms can be used, these are large and more filling so would make a good starter or entrée.
We’ll show you how to make the ultimate vegan stuffed mushrooms.
How to Make Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield: 14 stuffed mushrooms
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Zest of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 14 medium to large white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. olive oil + extra for baking
- 3 shallots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. walnuts
- 3 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of pepper
- To make the dressing chop the parsley and garlic and place them in a small bowl. Add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon zest, and salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Wash the mushrooms. Cut off the stems and finely chop them.
- For the mushroom stuffing, dice the shallots and the garlic cloves. Chop three tablespoons of parsley and the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Warm the olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan and fry the garlic and shallots until fragrant. Add the chopped mushroom stems and fry until slightly brown. Remove from the heat and mix in the walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the mushroom caps with olive oil and place them bottom up on a baking tray.
- Stuff each mushroom with the vegetable mixture and press down with a spoon. Bake in the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes at 350°F.
- Place the vegan stuffed mushrooms on serving plates and drizzle the dressing over each. Serve immediately.
- Vegan Mushroom Risotto Recipe: Easy & Creamy Recipe
- The Ultimate How-To Guide For Storing Mushrooms
- How to Clean Mushrooms and What Not to Do
Do you like this post?