Zucchini bread is lovely, but add chocolate and you've got an even more exciting version. Follow this simple recipe to make chocolate zucchini bread at home.
Banana bread is a classic, but have you ever thought to try making zucchini bread? If you’re not ready to fully take the plunge, you can try zucchini banana bread. You’ll fall for the zucchini loaf and then you can begin trying different variations including vegan blueberry zucchini bread or experimenting with chocolate. Read on to learn how to make chocolate zucchini bread at home.
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread at Home
Elevate any zucchini bread recipe by adding chocolate in the form of cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
- Loaf pan
- Large bowls
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 2 eggs or vegan egg substitutes
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted or vegan butter substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped homemade vegan chocolate
- Grease and flour the loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a second bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla together until well combined.
- Stir in dry/flour mixture until just combined, then fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a loaf pan, and add optional chocolate chips on top of the bread.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 350F.
- Remove and let cool. Serve immediately or store up to 4 days at room temperature, up to 7 days in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
If you are looking for a more exact version of a vegan recipe for chocolate zucchini bread, swap out ½ cup spelt flour for ½ cup cocoa powder in our vegan blueberry zucchini bread recipe and omit the blueberries.
- Hot Chocolate With Cocoa Powder Recipe
- Creamy & Delicious Vegan Cassava Cake Recipe
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treats: Easy & Delicious
Do you like this post?