Oven-roasted asparagus brings out a crispy, slightly charred texture that everyone aims for when asparagus season comes around. Get our easy roasted asparagus recipe here.
Craving grilled asparagus but limited to an oven? Don’t worry, this oven-roasted asparagus achieves a similar charred effect to grilled asparagus. This recipe uses just a few simple ingredients to roast asparagus at high heat and comes out juicy and crispy.
Oven-Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dried thyme
- Lemon zest and juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash asparagus and pat dry.
- Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus stalks.
- Spread the asparagus onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus, tossing them to cover each stalk.
- Add salt and toss asparagus until they’re evenly covered.
- Roast the asparagus for about 12-15 minutes, depending on their thickness. Asparagus will be ready when they have turned bright green, the stems are tender, and the tips of the asparagus begin to get crisp from roasting. They should have a charred or grilled effect on the asparagus, but not burnt.
- When finished, sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Serve hot.
- Vegan Asparagus Soup: Making it From Scratch
- Hunting for Wild Asparagus: A Beginner’s Guide
- How to Boil Asparagus: From Buying to Cooking the Vegetable
Do you like this post?