An apple cider vinegar foot soak works wonders on your feet. We’ll look at why you should soak your feet in vinegar and show you the best methods for your DIY solution.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural household remedy well-known for having positive effects on skin and hair, but did you know you can also use it for your feet? Apple cider vinegar foot soaks are have numerous benefits, including helping with common foot ailments like athlete’s foot and warts.
Tip: Buy organic apple cider vinegar to ensure it’s free of synthetic chemical pesticides which are bad for the environment and may damage your health. Another option is to make your own – here are two recipes for making apple cider vinegar at home.
Benefits of an Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak
Man positive effects for skin and hair are attributed to apple cider vinegar, though few are scientifically proven. Most claims are based on experience and tradition.
Apple cider vinegar foot soaks are primarily useful for softening calluses. After soaking feet in vinegar, use a pumice stone or foot file to remove the dead skin and you’ll have soft, smooth feet. According to some, if you soak swollen feet in vinegar the high potassium content will reduce fluid retention.
A foot bath with apple cider vinegar can also:
- fight fungal infections
- improve symptoms of athlete’s foot
- kill bacteria that cause smelly feet
- soothe dry, cracked feet
Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak Recipe
Making your soak is really quite simple. All you need is a shallow tub/basin, apple cider vinegar, and water. Here’s how to do it:
- Add 2 cups of lukewarm water to your basin along with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Continue with a 2:1 ratio until your tub/basin is full.
- Optional: Salt is said to enhance the effects of a vinegar foot soak because it binds sweat and kills bacteria. If you wish, add ⅓ cup salt to the mixture.
- Leave your feet in the foot soak for at least 20 minutes. This allows the apple cider vinegar to work its magic.
- Don’t soak your feet more than twice a week.
Do you like this post?