With summer approaching, it’s important to get prepared with outdoor gear, but most importantly, not to forget about snacks. Read here for our no-bake vegan granola ball recipe.
There’s nothing quite like making your own granola at home and these fun bite-sized balls add a fun dimension to this classic hiker’s snack. We provide a recipe with ingredients, but also make suggestions as to different substitutions you can personalize your granola balls with.
Keep reading for our vegan granola ball recipe for a simple, no-bake option.
Granola Balls Recipe
- 1 Cup peanut butter, unsalted
- ½ Cup maple syrup
- 2½ Cups rolled oats, can use GF if you’d like
- 3 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp dried cherries
- 2 Tbp. cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients, using a spatula to stir until mixture is evenly distributed.
- Using a spoon or your hands, roll granola mixture into spoonful-sized balls. Then drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking dish in the fridge and let cool for 1-2 hours. They will firm as they cool.
Eat fresh or save in an air-tight container. They can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Granola Balls Variations
Here’s a list of some additional ingredients you can either substitute or add in the vegan no-bake granola bars:
- Agave or date syrup instead of maple syrup
- Almond nut butter (or nut butter of your choice) instead of peanut butter
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
- Almond meal
- Vanilla Extract
- Other dried fruits like apricot, cranberry, etc.
- You can always use more nuts and seeds to the mixture, but you may want to add more agave, date syrup or maple syrup to make sure the granola mixture will solidify into balls.
- 3 Ingredient Energy Bars: A Homemade, Healthy Snack
- Granola Bars Recipe: How to Make Them Quickly and Sustainably
- Vegan Lemon Bars: A Simple Gluten-Free Recipe
Do you like this post?