Smoked pumpkin seeds make a tasty snack or a healthy topping for salads. Don’t let those pumpkin seeds go to waste, follow this simple recipe to make a crunchy treat.
Pumpkins are a hugely versatile seasonal vegetable that can be used in a variety of sweet and savory recipes and drinks. Did you know you can even eat the pumpkin skin? When preparing pumpkins for cooking, don’t throw out the seeds as they can be cooked and eaten. One medium to large pumpkin will provide about a cup of pumpkin seeds. Simply scoop them out of the pumpkin, wash off any flesh, and then allow them to dry overnight. Out of season, pumpkin seeds can be bought separately in grocery stores or health food stores.
Smoked pumpkin seeds are crispy and healthy, with a deep, smoky taste. This recipe uses paprika for extra flavor, but you could also add dried chill for a spicy kick. Use a smoker to get that deep, authentic smoked taste. We’ll show you how it’s done.
How to Make Tasty Smoked Pumpkin Seeds
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tsp organic olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place pumpkin seeds on a small baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, and salt over the seeds and toss until they are coated evenly.
- Place the baking sheet on the smoker grill grate and close the lid. Heat the smoker to 200°F and smoke the pumpkin seeds for sixty minutes, stirring halfway through. Smoke for ten more minutes for a crispier outcome.
- Remove from the smoker and place on a plate, allow to cool. Serve alone as a snack or on top of a salad.
- Can You Eat Pumpkin Raw? Pros, Cons and Side Effects
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Quick Zero-Waste Recipe
- How to Cook Pumpkin: 2 Easy Methods
Do you like this post?