Salad is a great, healthy lunch option. Follow this recipe for a quick and easy vegan chickpea salad recipe that is good for you, and that you can make ahead of time.
Sometimes eating a healthy and nutritious lunch can be difficult with a busy schedule. It can be even harder to get the nutrients and proteins you need if you follow a vegan diet. Thankfully, this recipe for a healthy vegan chickpea salad is ideal for making ahead of time. It is also packed full of all the plant-based proteins and nutrients you need to fuel your day.
Vegan Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 handful fresh herb of choice, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Add the chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, red onion, and herb of your choice to a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, clove, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad and toss well.
- Enjoy straightaway, or portion the vegan chickpea salad into separate airtight containers and store it in the fridge ready to be grabbed in the morning. This salad will last in the fridge for up to five days.
- How to Cook and Soak Dried Chickpeas
- Customizable Vegan Summer Rolls Recipe
- The Vegan Food Pyramid: 6 Steps to a Balanced Diet
Do you like this post?