With this recipe, you can enjoy edible vegan chocolate chip cookie dough without having to worry about salmonella and other risks that come with regular dough.
Edible vegan cookie dough is the dessert recipe we’ve been waiting for. This dough is safe to enjoy because it contains no eggs, which can result in a salmonella infection when eaten raw, and no raising agents, which can cause stomach aches. Below, we also show you how to treat flour to get rid of bacteria that may be contained in it.
Note: We recommend buying certified organic products in order to avoid chemical synthetic pesticides. Also, try to buy ethically sourced fair trade chocolate.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Simple Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 oz. dark chocolate
- 5 oz. vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar or cane sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 1/3 cup oat milk
We recommend using a vegan butter alternative without palm oil for this cookie dough recipe. Look for butter made out of rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, or shea butter. Coconut palm sugar is relatively easy to find nowadays, but if you can’t, you can always look for other sugar substitutes or natural sweeteners that you can use instead.
- Heat the flour: Spread the flour on a clean cookie sheet and let it bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 250 degrees F. Cool flour completely before making the cookie dough.
- Prepare the chocolate: Chop the chocolate into small chunks. Of course, you can also use ready-made chocolate chips.
- Mix the cookie dough: Mix butter and sugar until you get a creamy consistency. Stir in the oat milk, then add the flour and a pinch of salt. Keep stirring until the batter is smooth and add the chocolate. Your vegan cookie dough is ready to be served!
Please note: Please do not skip heating the flour. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), two recent outbreaks of E. coli infections have been linked to the ingestion of raw flour. The first step of this simple vegan cookie dough recipe will help you stay clear of such risks.
Nice to Know
Serving cookie dough
Distribute the edible vegan cookie dough onto small dishes or into bowls, and add some toppings, such as:
- chocolate sauce
- nut spread
- fresh fruit
- vegan banana ice cream
Changing up the recipe
You can change up this vegan chocolate chip cookie dough recipe according to taste, for instance by replacing the dark chocolate with any of these ingredients:
- chopped and roasted nuts, e.g. hazelnuts or almonds
- organic lemon zest
- coconut flakes
- rum-soaked raisins
Keeping it fresh
Store raw cookie dough in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in your freezer for up to three months.
This article was translated from German by Sharon Hodge. You can view the original here: Veganer Cookie Dough: Keksteig-Rezept zum Löffeln.** Links to retailers are partially affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?