Getting rid of fleas is one thing, but keeping them away can be hard too. Try our homemade natural flea-repellent laundry soap to keep your pet's bedding flea-free.
Making your own laundry detergent is a great way to make your household greener, so why not extend this to your pets too? While choosing a natural flea treatment is the best option to keep fleas off your dog or cat, this can’t guarantee that you’ll be keeping the fleas out of their bedding. Luckily, with a few simple ingredients and a bit of DIY spirit, you can make a homemade natural flea-repellent laundry liquid that can help keep your pet’s bedding clean and flea-free.
Making Natural Flea-Repellent Laundry Liquid
The combination of these ingredients is not only powerful enough to deeply clean pet bedding but also effective at naturally repelling fleas. Lavender oil has a pleasant smell and calming properties that may help soothe your pet’s skin, while tea tree oil has natural insect-repelling properties that can keep fleas away.
Makes 2.5 quarts of natural flea repellent, keeps for up to one year
- ½ cup liquid Castile soap
- ½ washing soda
- ½ baking soda
- 10 cups warm, distilled water
- 50 drops lavender essential oil
- 25 drops tea tree essential oil
- Mix liquid Castile soap, washing soda, and baking soda in warm water.
- Add lavender essential oil and tea tree essential oil to the mixture.
- Store in an airtight container. Optional: reuse an old laundry bottle for easy storage.
Make sure to mix the ingredients gently before each use and use ¼ cup per load of washing. Please note that while this recipe is a homemade natural flea repellent, this is not a treatment for fleas. It’s always best to speak with your vet for health advice and guidance on the best course of action for your furry friends.
- Natural Laundry Stripping Recipe Step-by-Step
- Natural Tick Repellent for Dogs: Protecting Your Pet from Tick Bites
- DIY Dog Shampoo: 4 Different Recipes
Do you like this post?