We’ll show you a recipe for golden milk (a.k.a. turmeric latte), which you can make yourself in a couple of minutes. Give it a try and profit from all the health benefits of golden milk.
While recipes for healthy golden milk may vary in the exact contents to a slight degree, turmeric latte is traditionally made from plant milk, curcuma, ginger and a number of other natural ingredients.
Golden Milk Recipe: Ingredients
Our golden milk recipe helps you create a tasty and healthy turmeric latte. For one glass, you’ll need the following recipe ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups plant-based milk (e.g. almond or soy milk)
- 1 piece of curcuma (approx. ¾ to 1 in. in length) or one tablespoon or curcuma powder
- 1 piece of ginger (approx. ¾ in.; the more you use, the spicier the drink will be)
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. coconut oil
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- dates or 1 tsp. agave syrup for sweetening
How to Make Turmeric Latte Step by Step
The first step of a traditional turmeric latte recipe is to grind the ingredients down into a curcuma paste. This paste is then mixed into the milk. If you want to save time, you can use a quicker method:
- Pour all ingredients into a mixer and mix together until fine in consistency.
- If the consistency is not fine enough, pour through a strainer.
If you want to retain the most nutrients possible and prefer a raw milk, your drink is done. If you care for warm golden milk, carry on:
- Pour the milk into a pot a bring to a boil.
- Let the drink simmer at low heat for around two minutes.
- Foam up the milk with a milk frother as preferred.
If the taste isn’t what you’re used to, add some more warm plant milk to even things out. Next time you try this golden milk recipe, adjust the amounts of curcuma and ginger to your liking.
Golden Milk: Health Benefits
The recipe for golden milk is very old. For centuries, Ayurvedic teachings have regarded the drink as a healing, stimulating and cleansing. The curcuma – the yellow root used in Indian and Chinese medicine – is a coveted remedy known for its wide range of uses. Combined with other refreshing ingredients, the health benefits of golden milk are enhanced:
- Golden milk is said to serve well as an anti-inflammatory treatment of inflammatory illnesses of the joints. It is also known to minimize pain resulting from cases of chronic inflammation such as arthritis.
- In addition, turmeric latte is known to boost your immune system and prevent illness. This is especially important during the flu season.
- The drink functions as an antioxidant active in the prevention of premature aging of the skin.
- This drink may also stimulate proper liver function and support bodily digestive and detox processes.
- Turmeric latte is also said to offer long-term health benefits as a mental and physical stimulant. It is said to possess preventive properties against Alzheimer’s disease and work well in treating sleep disorders.
These health benefits attributed to golden milk speak for themselves. Have a go at our golden milk recipe and see for yourself!
- A Taste of Fall: DIY Pumpkin Smoothie Easy, Healthy Alternative to Lattes
- Cold Brew Coffee: Possibly the most Sustainable Brewing Method
- The Benefits of Ginger Tea: How to Make a Healthy Infusion
This article was translated from Germany by Evan Binford. Check out the original here: Goldene Milch: Schnelles Rezept für die volle Wirkung** Links to retailers are partially affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?