Baking doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, you can easily make 3 ingredient banana cookies that are both healthy and delicious. We’ll show you how here.
If you’ve had baking blunders in the past that have scared you from trying again, this recipe is for you. After all, when the recipe only has three ingredients, what can possibly go wrong? Whether you want a healthy midday snack, or something to curb those sweet cravings at breakfast, these 3 ingredient banana cookies are for you!
Quick note about bananas – when purchasing them, always look for fair trade to support proper compensation and healthy working environments. It’s also a good idea to buy organic, so you can avoid fruits that have been treated with environmentally damaging pesticides.
3 Ingredient Banana Cookies
If you’re a novice in the kitchen, build up your confidence with a simple recipe like this.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx. 3 medium sized bananas)
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper alternative.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and mashed bananas together.
- Add in the rolled oats and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the dough into golf ball sized balls, and flatten them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Allow cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Optional Ingredients for Additional Flavor
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup blueberries
Looking for more ways to use bananas? Read on: What to Do With Ripe Bananas: 10 Healthy Recipes and Tips
- How to Store Bananas so They Last Longer – Dos & Don’ts
- Can You Bake With Wax Paper?
- Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies: A Simple Recipe
Do you like this post?