A homemade fruit salad is a healthy snack alternative. We'll show you how to quickly make your own fruit salad using quality ingredients.
With warmer weather on its way, you might be looking to swap heavier breakfasts like overnight oats for something a bit lighter and fresher. If that’s the case, a homemade fruit salad is a great alternative. You can also enjoy this bright and fruity dish as an afternoon snack, or even as a dessert.
In order to create the best-tasting fruit salad, you’ll need to use fresh, local, and organic ingredients — which can vary from state to state. If you have the time, head to the nearest farmers’ market to see what’s on offer and adapt the following homemade fruit salad recipe to use fruits that are in season.
Homemade Fruit Salad Recipe
The best part about this quick and simple recipe is that you can easily swap out the fruit varieties for ones that are in season and available locally. The citrus juice in the dressing helps to prevent the fruits like apples and pears from going brown.
- 1 cup kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 1-2 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 cup pear, diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp honey, or vegan honey alternative
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of cinnamon
- Add all the fruit into a large bowl.
- Combine honey, orange juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Tip: You can also use frozen fruit if you wish to add more color and flavor to your dish.
- Oxymel: A Sour Elixir to Boost Your Immune System
- Vitamin D Rich Fruits and Vegetables
- Storing Food Correctly: 7 Tricks for Vegetables, Fruits and Leftovers
Do you like this post?