This veggie fried rice recipe is an easy, budget-friendly, and tasty way you can clear out the kicthen cupboards. Plus, you can make in less than half an hour!
This popular Southeast Asian dish can be served as a side dish or main course, and is a wonderful way to help you create less food waste by using up leftover vegetables as almost anything goes well in veggie fried rice. Start by gathering the ingredients and follow the simple steps below to make this hearty meal.
Easy Veggie Fried Rice Recipe
Make sure to use organic and fair trade ingredients whenever possible. And remember that you can swap out the vegetables for your favorite options.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- (optional) 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tsp. Vegetable oil in large pan or wok (available on Amazon**) over medium heat.
- Add chopped carrots to pan and cook for 3 – 4 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Season veggies with salt and pepper. Remove from pan, put on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Use up remaining oil and cook eggs. Stir occasionally and break up until scrambled.
- Add rice, cooked carrots and frozen peas to pan and mix until well combined. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
- Ready to serve! Top with fresh lime or green onions. Serve with chili sauce if you like it spicy.
Spice up Your Fried Rice
Veggie Fried Rice won’t cure your appetite? Don’t worry, there are several variations that make it more filling. Or how about serving it together with some other Southeast Asian foods?
1. Tofu: How about adding some crispy pan fried tofu? It will give a crunchy twist to your Fried Rice and is a perfect protein source at the same time.
2. Dumplings: You can never go wrong with some vegan potstickers. Serve them on the side, or chop them up and add directly into Veggie Fried Rice!
3. Summer Rolls: For a perfect hot and cold pairing, serve your Fried Rice with summer rolls.
- Easy Vegetarian & Vegan Kimchi Recipe
- Vegan Chop Suey: Recipe With Stir-Fried Veggies
- Black Rice Pudding: Homemade & Vegan Recipe
Do you like this post?