Although you may have heard of (or enjoyed) banana bread, zucchini banana bread is a bit of a spin on the original recipe, and just as delicious. Follow this simple recipe to make it at home.
Banana bread is a classic home-baked loaf, but adding zucchini can give it a whole new level of flavor. To make zucchini banana bread at home, follow these simple steps. Gluten-free and vegan options are listed as well.
How to Make Zucchini Banana Bread
Gather just a few ingredients before you start on this recipe. To make one loaf, you will need:
- Loaf pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large bowls
- 1/3 cup butter (or use margarine, vegetable oil, or coconut oil for vegan options)
- 1.5 cups flour (or gluten free flour, such as almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled (about 2 cups)
- 1-2 bananas, depending on taste (don’t throw away banana peels, use them.)
- 2 eggs, or use flax eggs for vegan egg options
- 1/2 cup sugar (or use maple syrup or other vegan honey options to make it vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1 tsp dried spices: try nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, etc. to elevate the taste
- optional: nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate)
- Grease (with the butter or equivalent) and flour the loaf pan and set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and soda, salt and optional dried spices.
- Grate or shred zucchini into small pieces and mash banana.
- In second bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and banana until mixed. Add to the flour mixture and stir until moist.
- Fold in zucchini and optional nuts/fruit.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy once cool. Can sit at room temperature for 2-3 days, and in refrigerator for up to 7 days. You cal freeze this bread for up to 3 months.
- Vegan Lemon Bars: A Simple Gluten-Free Recipe
- Healthy Cheesecake Recipe: Easy, No Bake, and Vegan
- Quick Quinoa Pudding + 3 Variations
Do you like this post?