This healthy cheesecake recipe is rich and satisfying — but it won’t weigh you down. Check out this easy-to-make crowdpleaser.
Plant-based and vegan desserts don’t have to be bland — there are many amazing plant-based ingredients that are jam-packed with flavor. This healthy cheesecake recipe uses frozen bananas instead of traditional cream cheese without sacrificing taste.
If you live in the US or Europe, some of the required ingredients, like bananas, cocoa powder and coconut oil, are difficult or impossible to buy from local sources. Therefore, it is important to buy high-quality, organic and Fairtrade products whenever possible. Supporting fair trade farming practices helps ensure that farmers are paid a fair wage and are better equipped to deal with challenges and competition in the industry. Look for the Fair Trade Certified seal on your nut, coconut, banana and cocoa products!
Healthy Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 6 large frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 cups of fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp honey or vegan honey alternative
- juice and zest from half a lemon
Healthy Cheesecake Recipe Instructions
Instructions for the Crust:
- Add the oats and nuts to a large frying pan over medium heat and toast them for approximately five minutes or until the oats are golden brown. Stir the mixture continuously to keep it from burning.
- Toss the toasted nuts and oats into a food processor and pulse until they become fine crumbs.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and pulse again until a large clump is created.
- Scoop the crumb mixture into a greased 7.5-inch springform pan, spreading and pressing the mixture along the bottom and edges of the pan to form a crust.
How to Make the Filling:
- To make the filling, add the frozen bananas to a food processor or blender along with the maple syrup, cinnamon, and cocoa powder.
- Pulse together until the mixture resembles soft-serve ice cream.
- Scoop the mixture out of the food processor and add it to your springform pan with the crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the freezer and allow it to set before serving.
Berry Compote Topping Instructions:
To complete this healthy cheesecake recipe, make a warm berry compote to pour over the top. Here’s what to do:
- Add the berries, honey and lemon zest to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the strawberries have softened.
- Take your cheesecake out of the freezer, remove the sides of the springform pan, and slide it onto a serving dish.
- Add the warm berry compote on top of the cheesecake and allow it to slightly melt the cheesecake before serving.
Tip: Garnish with some edible flowers for an additional pop of color!
In the baking mood? Check out our other cake recipes:
- Kladdkaka: Swedish Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Apple Frying Pan Cake Recipe: How to Make Cake in a Skillet
- Water Cake: Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Cake Recipe
- Vegan Carrot Cake (+ Gluten-Free Option)
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Vegan Red Velvet Cake: Better Than the Original Recipe
Do you like this post?