This vegan chocolate cake recipe is light, fluffy and mouthwateringly delicious — plus, it uses pantry staples! Make this popular dessert for parties and guests.
This dairy-free chocolate cake is so light and fluffy because vegetable oil and plant-based milk are used instead of eggs and butter, giving it a moist, melt-in-the-mouth texture. You could make this vegan chocolate cake recipe for birthdays or have it as a tasty snack to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
It’s dusted with powdered sugar, but you could make your own vegan frosting to give it a creamier taste, or even serve it with a scoop of vegan nice cream or vegan cool whip and a handful of seasonal strawberries or blueberries. Just be sure to look for fair trade and organic ingredients.
Let’s get cracking and learn how to make an easy, tasty vegan chocolate cake.
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
There are a few ways to modify this recipe, for example, if you’re a coffee lover, replace half of the plant-based milk with brewed black coffee. Or for added crunch, mix in half a cup of vegan chocolate chips, or even chopped nuts to the batter just before you pour it into the cake pan.
Yield: 8 slices
- 1¾ cups + 2 tbsp. plant-based milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar or DIY powdered sugar for dusting
- Whisk the plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and sugar. Mix using a wooden spoon.
- Line an 8-inch cake pan with a parchment paper substitute and pour the cake mixture into it. Spread evenly.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 320°F. The top should be soft to the touch and if you insert the tip of a knife into the center it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then turn out of the pan onto a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or refrigerate for up to four days. You can freeze this cake for up to two months, it is better to freeze the cake sliced rather than whole, to allow for easier defrosting.
- Easy & Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Cake With Frosting
- Vegan Lava Cake: Melt-In-Your-Mouth Recipe
- Vegan Carrot Cake (+ Gluten-Free Option)
Do you like this post?