Cool whip is a fun addition to your desserts. Making dairy-free and vegan cool whip is a simple endeavor. Follow these simple steps to enjoy this tasty treat.
Cool whip has been around since the 1960s, where it was first served frozen. Since then it has been used for decades as a dessert topper, as a dessert on its own, on top of cocktails, and many other delicious recipes. In order to a vegan and dairy-free cool whip, you only need a few things. Start by preparing the ingredients and follow the simple recipe below to make this twist on a classic.
Vegan Cool Whip Recipe
To make this recipe, gather a few ingredients. Remember to look for local, organic, and fair trade ingredients whenever possible.
- Electric whisk
- Bowl or container
- Container with lid
- 14 oz dairy-free/vegan cream, such as coconut cream, soy or aquafaba
- 3 tbsp organic sugar, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the dairy-free cream to the bowl or container and begin to whip using the electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and sugar to the mixture while you’re whisking. Serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Enjoying Dairy-Free Cool Whip
Vegan cool whip can be used to add flavor and texture to your favorite vegan dishes, including:
- Desserts: Perhaps add vegan cool whip to these tofu dessert recipes, on top of vegan chocolate mousse, or as a garnish on other desserts, such as a pecan pie.
- Drinks: Want a vegan cool whip cocktail? Try it on top of this vegan white russian. If you’re in the mood for coffee, add vegan cool whip on top of a vegan frappuccino for added flavor or on top of a pumpkin spice latte. Vegan cool whip would likely taste great on an iced chai latte as well.
- Food: Dairy-free cool whip can be added to vegan pancakes or oat based pancake like the Swedish do in place of maple syrup, with some seasonal berries, or on top of a Swedish kladdkaka . Or go further afield to Japan and make this strawberry sandwich that uses whipped cream.
- Gooseberry Recipes: 5 No-Bake Vegan Treats
- Easy Gingerbread Recipe: How to Make Homemade Gingerbread
- How to Make Pumpkin Dip: All Natural Recipe
Do you like this post?