Pancakes have been a staple of American breakfast culture for generations. Whip up some delicious vegan pancakes that are just as fluffy as the original using our recipe.
Pancakes are an American classic, and are enjoyed by many across the country. Most recipes include butter, milk, and eggs, which means they aren’t suitable for vegans to consume. That doesn’t mean that you can’t still enjoy your stack of pancakes – you simply need to follow the recipe below for easy vegan pancakes that are nice and fluffy.
Easy Fluffy Vegan Pancake Recipe
Ingredients for about 8 fluffy pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup homemade oat milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or agave syrup
- Optional: vegan chocolate chips, fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder until they are well-combined. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add plant-based milk, then stir in the other liquid ingredients. Resist the urge to stir until the batter is completely smooth! It’s okay if there are a few lumps in it. Tip: for an even fluffier pancake, use vegan buttermilk instead of oat milk.
- Add some vegan chocolate chips or any other additional ingredients such as blueberries if you like.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
- For each pancake, drop about two tablespoons of batter into the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you can make two to three pancakes at a time. Fry each pancake for a few minutes until bubbles begin to form. Flip over and fry for another two to three minutes, until golden.
- Serve while still warm.
Note: Try not to flip the pancakes more than once, and never press them down with your spatula – you don’t want your dough to lose the airy texture that makes it light and fluffy.
Easy Vegan Pancake Toppings
Serve your fluffy pancakes with any of your favourite seasonal toppings – fresh blueberries or strawberries make a nice addition in summer, while homemade applesauce, strawberry jam, or preserved fruits work well during winter.
If you’re looking for something other than your regular maple syrup to drizzle over your vegan pancakes, you should check out this simple strawberry syrup recipe.
- What to Do With Ripe Bananas: 10 Healthy Recipes and Tips
- Cage-Free Eggs: A Sustainable Choice?
- How to Make Vegan Waffles: Easy & Fluffy Waffle Recipe
Do you like this post?