Follow this recipe for a low-carb cauliflower hummus recipe that is nutritional, easy to make and packed full of flavor.
Low-Carb Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
This easy, low-carb cauliflower hummus recipe requires just seven ingredients. All you will need is a good high-speed blender and a large roasting dish.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup tahini
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 3-5 tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in 2 tbsp of olive oil and season generously. Spread in a single layer in a large baking tray.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the florets have browned and begin to fall apart and are soft to the touch.
- In your high-speed blender, add the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, tahini, garlic, sea salt, cumin and paprika. Add just three tablespoons of water, to begin with.
- Blend until very smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- If the hummus is too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time while blending until desired consistency is reached.
Serving Ideas for Cauliflower Hummus
This low-carb cauliflower hummus can be eaten as a dip for veggie sticks, pita bread or crackers.
Cauliflower hummus can also be added as a delicious spread on sandwiches, as a topping for vegan buddha bowls or even added to pasta dishes as a unique and creamy pasta sauce.
How to Store Cauliflower Hummus
Cauliflower hummus can be served immediately or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days.
If you are unable to finish all your cauliflower hummus within a week (which is unlikely!), then you can freeze it. Place your cauliflower hummus in an airtight, freezer-safe container. This will last in the freezer for up to six months. When you are ready for more delicious hummus, remove it from the freezer and leave it in the fridge overnight to defrost.
- Vegan Spreads: DIY Veggie Spreads with Only 2 Ingredients
- How to Make Hummus Without Tahini: Easy Recipe in 3 Steps
- Vegan Buddha Bowl: An Easy Plant-Based Recipe
Do you like this post?