Melitzanosalata, or Greek eggplant dip, is a tasty vegan spread made with only six ingredients. Read on and learn how to make this classic recipe in five easy steps!
Melitzanosalata is a Greek eggplant dip made with roasted eggplants, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. You can eat it just like you’d eat any other vegan spread: with bread, toast, or crackers, as a dip with raw vegetable sticks, or on a crudité platter. On top of being delicious and very easy to make, this famous Mediterranean spread is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free, which makes it perfect for gatherings where you trying to accommodate different food restrictions. If you are up for it, read on to find out how to make the best Greek eggplant dip!
How to Make Vegan Greek Eggplant Dip
This Melitzanosalata recipe will take you about one hour and fifteen minutes to make, and it will serve three to four people.
- 2 medium-sized eggplants
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Place your eggplants on a baking sheet, prick them with a fork, and add a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- Roast them in the oven for 60 minutes at 400°F and turn them every 20 minutes to make sure all sides are equally cooked and softened.
- Cut the eggplants in half and scoop out all the meat with a tablespoon, then transfer it to a strainer and let it drain for 15 minutes.
- Place the eggplants in a bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Let it sit for an hour, then garnish your Greek eggplant dip with fresh parsley, and serve!
- How to Make Pumpkin Dip: All Natural Recipe
- Simple Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- How to Make Hummus Without Tahini: Easy Recipe in 3 Easy Steps
- How to Fry Eggplant Using Less Oil
** Links to retailers marked with ** or underlined orange are partially partner links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org, because we will receive a small part of the sales proceeds. More info.
Do you like this post?