Packed full of protein and fiber, you'll love this healthy banana date shake. It's creamy and filling, giving you a great energy boost to start the day.
This date shake is healthy and chocked full of nutrients. Chia seeds or flax seeds and homemade peanut butter are a source of plant protein, while bananas and dates provide fiber and an extra boost of energy. This shake is a great way to start the day at breakfast, or it can be enjoyed as a snack or even as a tasty dessert. There are only six ingredients that just need to be whizzed together in the blender, easy!
Using frozen bananas means no ice is needed and they provide a creamy taste — just ensure you slice the bananas before freezing as this will make them easier to blend. Dates are naturally sweet, so this means there is no need for sugar in this recipe and the cinnamon gives the shake a warm burst of flavor. Oat milk is the best plant-based milk for this recipe, as it contains protein and fiber.
Dates are a very water-intensive crop, so keep that in mind when using them in recipes. However, if you can find local and organic dates, this can help to reduce your carbon footprint. Scope out your local health food store to see if you can find fair trade ingredients like cinnamon, bananas, and chia seeds.
Let’s dive in and learn how to make a high-protein, high-fiber date shake!
How to Make a Tasty Date Shake
Yield: 2 shakes
- 4 dates
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 2 cups homemade oat milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. homemade peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds or flax seeds
- Optional: maple syrup, to taste
- Pit and chop the dates.
- Put the dates, bananas, almond milk, cinnamon, peanut butter, and chia seeds in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If it’s too thick add more almond milk. Add a drop of maple syrup if a sweeter taste is desired.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
- Maamoul Cookies: Recipe with Nut or Date Filling
- Tahini Shake: Vegan Recipe for the Creamy Treat
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups Recipe: Easy & Delicious
Do you like this post?