Vegan peanut butter cups are easy to make and incredibly tasty. By sourcing organic and fair trade ingredients, you can enjoy the best flavor possible.
Store-bought peanut butter cups are often made with ingredients such as palm oil, emulsifiers, and plenty of unnecessary sugars. There is also no guarantee that the chocolate and nuts used are fair trade. Making your own vegan peanut butter cups is the best way to ensure that all the ingredients you use are of the best quality. You can choose chocolate that you know is both vegan and fair trade, and you can either use your favorite natural peanut butter or homemade peanut butter.
It doesn’t matter if you use smooth, or crunchy peanut butter – it can be whichever version you have on hand. The fun part with this recipe is that you can substitute it with whichever nut butter you prefer. So go ahead and make those cashew butter cups or almond butter cups. Just be sure to source organic, and fair trade ingredients for the best possible snack.
How to Make Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cup natural or homemade peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup fair trade vegan chocolate, melted
- Optional: sea salt for garnish
- Add peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt to a bowl, and mix to combine. The result should have a dough-like consistency.
- Using a double boiler, or bain-marie, melt the chocolate until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Spoon a small bit of melted chocolate into the bottom of a silicone muffin cup, just enough to coat it.
- Using your hands, make a small disk of peanut butter dough, and place that on top of the chocolate.
- Spoon more melted chocolate on top, until the peanut butter is covered. Optional: sprinkle some sea salt on top.
- Repeat until you run out of chocolate and peanut butter dough.
- Place the vegan peanut butter cups in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Do Nuts Go Bad? Tips and Tricks for Proper Storage
- Quick & Easy Walnut Milk – Just 2 Ingredients
- Making Homemade Nutella: Vegan Nutella Recipe
Do you like this post?