Ever wondered how to make homemade peanut butter? With this one-ingredient recipe and a little patience, you’ll have the creamiest, tastiest peanut butter of all.
If you are a peanut butter lover, you have probably realized that a lot of brands have many more ingredients than just peanuts in their peanut butter. Why is that? The fact is, there shouldn’t be many more ingredients in peanut butter than peanuts and maybe a pinch of salt. If you want to learn how to make your own homemade peanut butter with only one ingredient, this recipe is for you. Happy blending!
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter
- 3 cups organic peanuts
- Roast the Peanuts: Spread the peanuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes, until they look lightly golden.
- Blend Your Peanuts: Transfer the peanuts into a blender or food processor while they are still warm. Now comes the time-consuming part: blend your peanuts for one minute, then stop and scrape down the sides. Repeat this process eight to ten times (it will vary depending on each food processor or blender).
- Store Your Peanut Butter: We recommend you store your homemade peanut butter in a jar or glass container. You can keep it at room temperature for up to one month.
Tip: This recipe doesn’t require adding any kind of oil to achieve a smooth, creamy peanut butter, since the oil from the peanuts themselves is enough. However, if you’d like an even creamier peanut butter, feel free to add one tablespoon of any organic nut oil and blend it again until fully combined.
How To Use Homemade Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a great source of protein, especially if you are following a plant-based diet. Making your own nut butter will always be healthier than buying those from the store, not only because you know exactly what’s in it but also because there are no additives. Here are a few peanut butter combos in case you need some inspiration:
- PB&J: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a number one classic in any American household. They are always a great snack option and are even tastier than usual when you make your own peanut butter!
- Oatmeal: Use your homemade peanut butter as a special topping for your overnight oats or your morning protein oats.
- Cookies, like these low-carb peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
- Peanut Sauce: If you are into Asian dishes, peanut sauce may sound familiar to you. It is usually served with noodles, bowls, or even spring rolls.
- Smoothie: Whether you are a vegan or not, adding a tablespoon of peanut butter in your smoothie will give you that extra kick of protein you need after your workout.
- Fruit: If you need a quick snack, cut an apple or a banana into slices and top it with peanut butter.
- How to Plant and Grow Peanuts at Home
- Do Nuts Go Bad? Tips and Tricks for Proper Storage
- Vegetarian Protein: Plant Protein Sources
Do you like this post?