Protein oats, proats for short, make for a tasty and nutritious breakfast. This recipe is easy to make and there’s a vegan option, too.
If you’re looking for a simple but delicious meal for your healthy morning routine, you should definitely give proats a try! The best part? You can add different ingredients for different flavors, so you won’t grow tired of this protein-rich breakfast.
Protein oats are best enjoyed with fresh fruit and a nut spread. For the fruit, pick whatever you prefer so long as it is in season in your region. Berries, apples, pears, peaches, or plums are all great options.
Note: Like overnight oats, you’ll need to prepare protein oats the night before you want to have them for breakfast.
Protein Oats Recipe with Buttermilk and Yogurt
Ingredients for one serving of proats
- 2 handfuls rolled oats
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. beet syrup
- 1 cup greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- 1 handful fruit of your choosing
- 1 tbsp. nut spread (e.g. almond or peanut butter)
- Add oats to a small bowl or mason jar. Stir in buttermilk and beet syrup, then add the yogurt. Cover the bowl or jar with a plate or lid and put it in the fridge to soak overnight.
- In the morning, cut up the fruit and add it to your proats, along with a nut spread of your choosing.
If you’ve been thinking about going vegan, the vegan proats recipe below is a great way to try out some alternatives. You only need to swap out a few ingredients.
Vegan Option with Protein Powder and Nuts
Ingredients for vegan proats
- 2 handfuls rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. hemp protein powder
- 2 tbsp. nuts
- 1 tbsp. beet syrup
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 handful fruit
- 1 tbsp. nut spread
- Add the oats, protein powder and nuts to a small bowl. Stir in beet syrup and oat milk. Cover the bowl and set it in the fridge to soak overnight.
- The next morning, cut the fruit into small pieces and add them to your protein oats. Top off with some nut spread and enjoy!
Ingredients for Proats: What you should consider
Whether you are preparing proats, a vegan apple pie or falafel. We recommend buying organic products whenever possible. Organic dairy farms are subject to strict regulations regarding the use of pesticides and hormones and they are more concerned with animal welfare. So, in buying certified organic products, you support ecological farming practices and you can avoid food that has been treated with synthetic pesticides. This is good for both the environment and your health.underlined orange are partially partner links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org, because we will receive a small part of the sales proceeds. More info.
Do you like this post?