Vegan truffles are luxurious little treats that contain just six ingredients. One bite will reveal the smooth, soft center and will leave you wanting more.
These vegan chocolate truffles are deliciously rich and velvety, smooth on the outside and soft on the inside. They can be served at parties, as a weeknight dessert or even as a sweet homemade gift. This recipe uses vegan margarine and coconut milk instead of condensed milk, making it not only 100% vegan, but also less calorific.
Consider buying fair trade ingredients to make your vegan truffles ethical and eco-friendly. You may be able to find fair trade brown sugar, coconut milk and cocoa powder for this recipe in your local store.
These vegan truffles are coated in vegan chocolate sprinkles, but you could choose to roll them in desiccated coconut or cocoa powder instead. Whether they’re vegan or not, treat yourself and your loved ones to these yummy truffles.
How to Make Vegan Truffles
Yield: 20 truffles
- 1/2 cup fair trade brown sugar
- 2 400ml cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. fair trade cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp. vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate sprinkles (available on Amazon**)
- Pour the sugar and coconut milk into a small pan and simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes until it starts to thicken, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat and add the cornstarch and cocoa powder, saving some for the end. Mix well.
- Gradually add in the vegan margarine and stir it into the mixture as it melts.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for four hours to allow it to set.
- Scoop out a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball using your hands. Your hands may get quite sticky during this step! Place on a plate. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Pour the vegan chocolate sprinkles and/or cocoa powder onto a plate and roll each ball in them to coat. Place on a plate and serve immediately, or put in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Vegan Mochi: How to Make Tasty Plant-Based Mochi
- Can You Freeze Chocolate? What You Need to Know
- 9 Incredible Chocolate Brands for Vegans
Do you like this post?