Quick and easy bread recipes make baking a breeze. This spelt bread recipe is ready in an under an hour – no need to run to the bakery or grocery store when homemade is just as simple. Give it a try.
Easy Bread Recipe: The Ingredients
For this tasty spelt bread recipe you’ll need:
- 4 1/3 cups of flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- ½ package of fresh yeast or 1 package of dry yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. fruit vinegar (apple cider vinegar)
- 4 ¼ cups of lukewarm water
- + mixing bowl, hand mixer (with dough hooks) and a baking form
Tip: Use organic ingredients for the easy bread recipe. Organic products contain less traces of pesticides, which can damage your health.
The Recipe: Simple and Quick
This quick bread recipe is as easy as they come.
- Simply mix flour, seeds, salt and yeast by hand. Feel free to add any additional spices as preferred.
- Add the fruit vinegar and water, stir together once more (this time using a hand mixer).
- Thoroughly knead the dough one final time.
- Grease the bread pan with a bit of oil and add your dough.
- Sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds over the lot and it’s off into the (cold, not yet heated) oven.
- Set your oven to 390°F and let the bread bake for around 50 minutes. The time it takes your oven to warm up is enough to let the dough rise.
- Once the 50 minutes are up, turn the oven off and leave the bread in the heated oven for another 15 minutes. Your bread is done – congrats!
Basic Bread Recipe: Easy and Simple
Baking bread almost always involves letting the dough rise. This step in many recipes makes the act of “baking bread” seem like lengthy and tedious process. This bread recipe makes things easy: you get to skip this step completely. The result is a loaf that is robust, moist and thick in consistency. Enjoy it as you please – either warm with a piece of butter or a vegetarian or vegan spread.
Have fun baking! We hope you enjoy your fresh and homemade spelt bread.
- Going vegan: 5 Simple Steps Towards a Vegan Diet
- Homemade Pesto: Healthy, Easy-to-make Recipe in just 5 Steps
- Tired of Soup? 3 Easy Outside-the-Box Pumpkin Recipes
This article was translated by Evan Binford. You can view the original here: Brot backen in einer Stunde: einfaches Rezept.** Links to retailers are partially affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?