This spelt bread recipe is ready in an under an hour – no need to run to the bakery or grocery store when homemade is just as simple. Give it a try!
Easy Spelt Bread Recipe: The Ingredients
For this tasty spelt bread recipe you’ll need:
- 4 1/3 cups of flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- ½ package of fresh yeast or 1 package of dry yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. fruit vinegar (apple cider vinegar)
- 4 ¼ cups of lukewarm water
- + mixing bowl, hand mixer (with dough hooks), and a loaf pan
Tip: Use organic ingredients for this easy spelt bread recipe. Organic products contain less traces of pesticides, which can damage your health.
The Recipe: Simple and Quick
This quick spelt bread recipe is as easy as they come.
- Simply mix flour, seeds, salt, and yeast by hand. Add any additional spices as you see fit.
- Add the fruit vinegar and water, mix together using a hand mixer.
- Thoroughly knead the dough one final time.
- Grease the bread pan with a bit of oil and add your dough.
- Sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds over the loaf and it’s off into the (cold, not yet heated) oven.
- Set your oven to 400°F and let the bread bake for around 50 minutes. The time it takes your oven to warm up is enough to let the dough rise.
- Once the 50 minutes are up, turn the oven off and leave the bread in the heated oven for another 15 minutes. Your spelt bread is done – congrats!
Basic Bread Recipe: Easy and Simple
Baking bread typically involves letting the dough rise, or proof. This step in many recipes makes the act of “baking bread” seem like a lengthy and tedious process. But this spelt bread recipe makes things easy: you get to skip this step completely. The result is a loaf that is robust, moist and thick in consistency. Enjoy it as you please – either warm and slathered with butter or a vegetarian or vegan spread.
Have fun baking! We hope you enjoy your fresh and homemade spelt bread.
- Going Vegan: 5 Simple Steps Towards a Vegan Diet
- Homemade Pesto: Healthy, Easy-to-Make Recipe in Just 5 Steps
- Tired of Soup? 3 Easy Outside-the-Box Pumpkin Recipes
This article was translated by Evan Binford. You can view the original here: Brot backen in einer Stunde: einfaches Rezept.** Links to retailers are partially affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?