This vegan eggnog recipe only takes five minutes to whip up, so you can enjoy this sweet and creamy beverage with your friends and family this holiday season.
Eggnog is a tasty festive treat to be enjoyed at parties or at home during the holidays. You’ll love the creamy taste of this drink, as well as the earthy flavor of the nutmeg and cinnamon. Traditional eggnog contains eggs (hence the name), cream, and milk, but our version is entirely dairy-free.
This vegan eggnog recipe is incredibly easy to make. We recommend using homemade oat milk as it’s nice and creamy, but you can substitute your favorite plant-based milk instead. If you don’t have maple syrup at home, you can also use coconut or granulated sugar as a sweetener. As for the arrowroot powder, you’ll want to use this to help thicken up this tasty vegan eggnog. Let’s learn how to make it.
How to Make Vegan Eggnog
This vegan eggnog recipe is alcohol-free. To make it alcoholic, mix in a shot of bourbon or dark rum before serving.
Yield: 6 glasses
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 cups oat milk
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Put the sweetened condensed coconut milk, maple syrup, oat milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and arrowroot in a large pot and whisk until well combined.
- Warm on medium-high heat until it just starts to boil. Reduce the heat to low and whisk continually until the drink thickens.
- Remove from the heat and cool for five minutes before pouring into six glasses. Cover each one and chill in the refrigerator for two to three hours.
- Serve cold with a dusting of ground nutmeg on the top.
- The Perfect Summer Margarita Mocktail
- Dairy-Free Oat Milk Pancakes
- Homemade Baileys Pumpkin Spice: Vegan Recipe
Do you like this post?