Tofu can be cooked in the air fryer with no oil and in only ten minutes. We'll show you how to air-fry tofu perfectly every time, with this delicious, flavorful recipe.
If you’re wondering how to cook tofu in an air fryer, you’ve come to the right place. Air-fried tofu is crispy on the outside and deliciously smooth and moist on the inside. This recipe uses lots of dry seasoning to give the tofu extra flavor and beautiful color. Make sure you buy extra-firm tofu and press the liquid out of it before frying, as other tofu varieties will be too soft. This recipe uses a splash of sesame oil to add crispiness and flavor.
Some alternatives to our paprika seasoning include barbecue, cajun seasoning, or even a mix of dried parsley, oregano, and basil. Serve air-fried tofu with the dip of your choice such as homemade hummus or salsa or even alongside a main course such as with rice and vegetables. We’ll show you how to air-fry tofu below.
How to Cook Tofu in an Air Fryer
Similar to popcorn tofu, this air fryer tofu recipe will leave you wanting more.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb block of extra-firm tofu
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Wrap the tofu in a kitchen towel and place a large, heavy pot on top of it to press out the excess liquid. Leave for thirty minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the kitchen towel and chop it into one-inch cubes. Put in a medium-sized mixing bowl and toss with the light soy sauce.
- Add the black pepper, garlic powder, cornstarch, onion powder, sea salt, paprika, and sesame oil, and toss the tofu again until each piece is well coated in the seasoning.
- Put the tofu in the air fryer in one row, allowing some space between each piece.
- Fry at 400°F for ten minutes, and shake the basket halfway through.
- Remove from the fryer and allow to cool.
- Serve with dipping sauce or rice.
- 33 Easy Vegan Appetizers for Your Next Dinner Party
- Vegetarian Protein: Plant Protein Sources
- Freezing Tofu Instantly Levels Up Your Cooking — Here’s How (4 Tips & Tricks)
Do you like this post?