Want to learn how to make celery juice yourself? This recipe only takes a few minutes. We’ll also have a look at celery juice benefits and health effects.
Celery is a versatile and healthy vegetable. You can buy celery stalks or celery root in most supermarkets. For this celery juice recipe, you’ll only need the stalks.
Celery is in season from May until November, and is often available at local farm stands. If you can’t buy celery grown in your own region, you can still help support the environment by choosing organic in your regular supermarket.
How to Make Celery Juice: Recipe
This celery juice recipe is quick and simple. For about 1½ cups, you’ll need the following ingredients and tools:
- 4 cups celery
- standing or immersion blender
- fine sieve or cheesecloth
For a more interesting flavor, try blending the celery with other seasonal fruits or vegetables. Some favorites are:
- Parsley and other green herbs
- Remove the celery stalks from the stem. Clean and peel.
- Chop the celery into small pieces.
- Blend the celery together with any other fruits or vegetables until liquid. If the mixture isn’t liquid enough, add water in small amounts until the desired texture is reached.
- Filter the juice through the sieve or cheesecloth into a bowl or large glass.
- To get the most of celery juice’s benefits, drink immediately. Alternatively, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Celery Juice Benefits: Vitamins and Minerals
Celery is native to the Mediterranean basin and the Middle East. It was cultivated in the 17th century and is known for being a low-calorie health food packed with vitamins and minerals. The list of celery juice benefits is accordingly long. It contains:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B6
For any celery juice recipe, you’ll get the freshest taste if you use raw, unprocessed stalks.
Why Is Celery Healthy?
Celery juice benefits extend further than just a list of vitamins and minerals:
- Celery has very low calories, contains no fat, and is high in dietary fiber. That means it will make you feel full, but won’t cause you to gain weight.
- The essential oil in celery is said to have anti-microbial properties.
- Celery can reduce glucose, blood lipids, and blood pressure, which can strengthen the heart.
- It may prevent inflammation associated with metabolic processes.
- Celery juice has a slightly diuretic effect, which can help support the body’s natural ability to rid itself of toxins.
Important: Celery juice is not for everyone. If you have kidney problems or may be pregnant, consult your doctor before trying it.
This article has been translated from German to English by Christie Sacco. You can read the original here: Selleriesaft: Wirkung und wie du ihn herstellst
Important Information regarding Health-related Topics.** Links to retailers marked with ** or underlined orange are partially partner links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org, because we will receive a small part of the sales proceeds. More info.
Do you like this post?