You want to learn how to make lip balm? Then try this homemade lip balm recipe. It is easy, all-natural and a sustainable alternative to store-bought chapstick. Give it a try.
How to Make Homemade Lip Balm: Recipe Ingredients
This chapstick recipe will yield around five small jars. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp of all-natural (organic!) honey. One vegan alternative is cocoa butter.
- 1 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp of shea butter
- small glass jar to keep your homemade lip balm fresh
If you want to personalize your chapstick, you’ll need the following additional items:
- 1 piece of natural organic lipstick
- 2-3 drops of essential oil of your choosing
Homemade Lip Balm: An Easy Recipe
Here’s how to make sustainable lip balm. In addition to the lip balm recipe ingredients list above, you’ll also need a pot of water and a glass. Once you’ve gathered all necessary ingredients, it’s time to get started:
- Heat the pot of water on the stove set to medium heat.
- Fill all the ingredients into the glass and put the glass into the pot of hot water.
- Stir the contents of the glass until they become watery in consistency.
- Remove the glass from the hot water. Careful: The glas will be very hot.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the resealable glass jars.
- Let the chapstick mixture harden in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight. Once hardened, the chapstick no longer needs to be stored in the fridge.
- Put your homemade lip balm to the test!
You can apply the chapstick with your finger. If you put the glass jar in your backpack or handbag, you will always have your homemade chapstick at hand.
Variations of the Chapstick Recipe
The recipe we showed you is very basic. Here’s how to make you lip balm suit your skin tone or taste:
- Adjust the color to your skin tone by adding a small amount of red lipstick.
- You can also add a hint of essential oil to give the mixture a nice smell.
- Feel free to play around with the lip balm recipe and experiment with different ingredients: Try using cocoa butter instead of shea butter and give your homemade lip balm a slight chocolaty taste.
You may also like: How to Clean Makeup Brushes: DIY Wash Without Special Products
- Sugaring Body Hair Removal at Home: Easy DIY Recipe
- Homemade Conditioner: Three All-Natural Recipes
- How to Knit a Beanie: Step-by-Step Instructions with Pictures
Do you like this post?