Say goodbye to expensive store-bought creams and hello to radiant, glowing skin with our easy homemade face cream recipe featuring only natural ingredients.
Taking care of your skin is a crucial part of self-care, but many commercial skin care products are filled with harmful chemicals and synthetic fragrances. Luckily, there’s an easy solution — natural homemade face cream.
Our DIY face moisturizer recipe uses simple, sustainable ingredients to nourish and hydrate your skin without the environmental and health risks associated with conventional products. With our homemade facial cream for dry skin, you can feel good about what you’re putting on your skin while achieving a healthy, radiant complexion.
To learn more about potentially harmful skin care ingredients and what to avoid, check out our guides 5 Comedogenic Ingredients to Keep Off Your Skin and 10 Best Ingredient Checkers for Skin Care and Household Products.
How to Make Homemade Face Cream
Our homemade face cream recipe is easy to follow and uses simple, affordable ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. Gather your ingredients and materials before starting, and this homemade face moisturizer will be a breeze!
- Coconut oil is a staple in many products and has numerous health benefits. Its moisturizing properties are excellent for your skin and give your face a healthy dose of vitamin E. If you don’t have coconut oil, always purchase organic (available on Amazon**).
- Aloe is an essential ingredient. It invigorates the skin by helping maintain its natural moisture balance and can even protect against harmful UV radiation. It’s a well-known home remedy for sunburn and an excellent way to protect and nourish your skin. You want an organic aloe vera gel for this homemade facial cream (available on Amazon**). If you’re interested in aloe’s many advantages, read our articles How to Use Aloe Vera on Your Face and How to Use Aloe Vera on Hair + Benefits & Drawbacks.
- Shea butter is another great natural ingredient for homemade face cream. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and E, which help the skin regenerate. It reduces inflammation and contains anti-aging properties, making it a key ingredient in our moisturizer and a fantastic ingredient to battle fine lines. While you might find shea butter in shampoo or body lotions, it is also safe for your face. Remember to buy organic shea butter (available on Amazon**).
- Olive oil is not just for cooking – it has properties that help moisturize and keep skin smooth. It has many health benefits and can even be used on your hair to keep moisture in your strands in winter. Check out Olive Oil: Is It Good for Your Face and Skin? for more information and some useful tips and tricks.
- Avocado has many health benefits, making it another key ingredient in our homemade face cream. It contains vitamins to protect and regenerate skin. Avocados are also packed with good fats and antioxidants that may protect cells from damage.
- Food processor or blender
- Measuring spoons
Preparing the Ingredients for Your DIY Face Moisturizer
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to prep them. This homemade face cream recipe only has five simple steps:
- Remove the avocado skin and the pit. Place the pulp inside your food processor or blender.
- Next, measure your oils: Add 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp coconut oil to the food processor or blender.
- Measure 3 tbsp aloe into your food processor or blender.
- Measure 1/4 cup shea butter and add to the mix.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Using Your Homemade Face Moisturizer
Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, transfer it to an airtight container. This is a great use for mason jars. Apply a quarter-sized amount of homemade face cream to your face and massage it in gently, using circular motions. You can use this cream in the morning and at night, but it may be a little heavy to wear under makeup or sunscreen.
Interested in more natural skin care solutions? Take a look:
- How to Remove Acne Scars Naturally: 8 Effective Solutions
- Is Snail Mucin for Skin Really Ethical?
- 6 Ways to Improve Skin Texture Naturally & Products to Help
- How to Repair a Damaged Skin Barrier and Protect Your Skin
- How to Make Rose Water: A Time-Tested Natural Beauty Remedy for Skin
- How to Get Rid of Razor Burn and Prevent It — Naturally
- 3 Turmeric Face Mask Recipes & Why Your Skin Will Love Them
- 13 Problematic Ingredients in Cosmetics
- 12 Questionable Habits & Products to Ban From Your Bathroom
- Soothing Epsom Salt and Baking Soda Bath Recipe
- Conscious Breathing Can Change Your Outlook — Here’s How
- 5 Ways to Stop Sweating Underarms Naturally
Do you like this post?