Keto cauliflower rice is great for those following a low-carb diet, or for those looking to add more vegetables into their diet. We’ll show you an easy recipe that is prepared in 10-15 minutes.
Regional and seasonal vegetables like cauliflower are the basis of any balanced diet, meaning everyone can benefit from delicious keto cauliflower rice. To find out when cauliflower is in season where you live, check out the Seasonal Food Guide.
Ingredients for Low-Carb Rice
The ketogenic (keto) diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet. Cauliflower rice is a great way to enjoy your favorite rice dishes without the extra carbs.
For two servings of keto cauliflower rice, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped herbs
To make cauliflower rice, you will need either a food processor or box grater, and a frying pan.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 – 10 minutes
When making keto cauliflower rice, it is best to use organic ingredients. Organic cultivation ensures that vegetables are free of chemical-synthetic pesticides and come from sustainable agriculture. It is also important to use regional produce whenever possible. Vegetables from regional cultivation have shorter transport distances and are therefore better for your personal CO2 footprint.
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Rice
Making keto cauliflower rice is actually very simple:
- Remove the leaves and cut the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- Wash the cauliflower florets carefully.
- Add the cauliflower florets to your food processor and blitz until you get rice-sized pieces. Alternatively, you can finely grate the cauliflower with a box grater.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the cauliflower rice over medium heat for approximately five to seven minutes to cook it.
- Season the cauliflower rice with salt, pepper, and chopped herbs.
Note: It is important that you add the salt at the very end. Salt draws the water out of the cauliflower, which would consequently steam the vegetable instead of frying it.
This article has been translated from German by Karen Stankiewicz. You can find the original here: Blumenkohlreis: Schneller Low-Carb-Reisersatzaffiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org because we get a small portion of the proceeds.
Do you like this post?