Try our Mediterranean cucumber salad for a quick, simple, and healthy vegan recipe which you can also jazz up with the addition of seasonal summer ingredients.
This Mediterranean cucumber salad is a healthy, and refreshing meal you can whip up on any sweltering summer day. The main ingredients are cucumbers and tomatoes, but you can switch up the other vegetables, greens, or herbs you might like to use.
We recommend using local and organic ingredients that are in season. Luckily, this time of year brings a lot of variety in local produce. To find the best assortment of locally grown veggies, head to your local farmers’ market to see what’s available.
This recipe yields 4 servings, so can be good to share. Or simply store leftovers for a quick lunch or snack the next day. The salad should stay good for up to two days if kept in an airtight container in a refrigerator. Keep reading to make this bright, Mediterranean cucumber salad a staple for your summer.
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 1-2 cucumbers, quartered
- 4 locally grown tomatoes, quartered
- Organic herbs of your choice, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 dashes of red wine vinegar
- ½ cup garbanzo beans, cooked or from a can
- 1 head of fresh lettuce, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 3-4 radishes, sliced thin
- Olives for garnish
- Nuts and seeds, for garnish
- Mix all vegetables in a large salad bowl until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
- Pour dressing over your Mediterranean cucumber salad and gently toss.
- Avocado and Tomato Salad Recipe (Vegan)
- How to Fix Salty Food and Save Your Meal
- Parsley vs. Cilantro: How to Tell the Difference and How to Use Them
Do you like this post?