You'll love this tasty bang bang cauliflower recipe, the spicy flavor will explode in your mouth and the crispy, crunchy batter will leave you wanting more.
Bang bang chicken is a popular dish, and vegans can enjoy the same flavors with this tasty alternative recipe. The cauliflower florets are dipped in a flavorful batter and baked in the oven, then tossed in a tangy sweet, and spicy sauce. This dish can be served at parties, as a starter, or even as a side dish to veggie sausages and potatoes.
You can use any plant-based milk in this recipe, but something unsweetened would be better. It is also possible to fry the cauliflower instead of baking it, which will be faster, but slightly more calorific due to the cooking oil.
Cauliflower is typically in season in the United States from September to November, which is definitely something to keep in mind when making this recipe. To reduce your carbon footprint try to make sure the vegetables in this recipe are locally sourced and organic where possible. It may also be possible to find fair trade paprika and sweet chili sauce in your local store.
If you’re not using a whole cauliflower for this recipe, learn how to freeze cauliflower so nothing goes to waste.
Let’s dive in and learn how to make this mouth-watering bang bang cauliflower recipe.
Tasty Bang Bang Cauliflower Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- 3½ cups cauliflower
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 5 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 spring onions
- 1 large red chili, deseeded and sliced
- Add the paprika, flour, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the plant-based milk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Wash and chop the cauliflower into small florets. Don’t throw away the leaves, they are edible!
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper substitute.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Dip each floret in the batter, then in the breadcrumbs, and place on the baking tray. Repeat for each floret.
- Bake in the oven at 425℉ for 25 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Turn halfway through.
- To make the sauce put the sriracha, maple syrup, sweet chili sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl and mix well until combined.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and toss them in the spicy sauce and top with sliced spring onions and red chili.
- Serve immediately.
- Delicious Vegan Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- How to Cook Cauliflower 8 Different Ways
- Healthy Cauliflower Bread: An Easy Low-Carb Recipe
Do you like this post?