A vegan brownie in a mug that you can prepare in three easy steps. The best part? It’s ready to serve in less than five minutes.
Brownies are a special treat enjoyed by many, but it can be a hassle to bake a whole tray. If you need a last-minute idea to serve up dessert, or you are just craving a single-serving chocolate baked good, look no further! We’ll show you how to make vegan brownies in a mug that will make your guests (or just yourself) happy – and you can prepare and serve them in just five minutes. All you need? Some vegan baking items, a mug, and a microwave.
How To Make a Vegan Brownie in a Mug
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. organic, fair trade cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vegan butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp. plant-based milk
- Vegan chocolate chips (as many as you want)
- Optional: walnuts
- In a mug, mix the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. If you are including walnuts, mix them with the rest of the dry ingredients as well.
- Add the melted vegan butter and plant-based milk, and mix until combined.
- Top your vegan brownie in a mug with chocolate chips and microwave for 60 seconds. The firmer you want your brownie to be, the longer it will need in the microwave.
Servings: 1 Estimated prep and baking time: 4-5 minutes
Toppings for Your Vegan Brownie in a Mug
A vegan brownie in a mug is a quick and easy dessert that will take little of your time. If you want to impress your guests, add a little something extra to your personal treat, or simply want to make your vegan brownies cuter, you can get creative and decorate your mug brownie. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of your vegan brownies before you serve them.
- Carefully scoop your brownie out of the mug and serve it on a plate alongside some fruit, such as strawberries or banana slices. You can even pour some chocolate syrup on top if you want to serve it like a pro.
- Serve it alongside some vegan ice cream and make it an afternoon snack!
We don’t recommend baking vegan mug brownies in advance. If you need to have them ready to go at a certain time, you can prepare the mix and store it in the fridge for a few hours. Whenever you need to bake them, microwave them for a little longer (since the batter will be cold from the fridge) and they will be ready to serve!
- No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake: A Healthy Cheesecake Recipe
- The 8 Best Vegan Substitutes for Heavy Cream
- Coconut Milk vs. Almond Milk: Which is Better for You and the Planet?
Do you like this post?