Wintertime: cozying by the fire with a warm drink and a chocolate snowball cookie. Make a batch of your own homemade vegan snowball cookies today.
Vegan baking doesn’t have to be complicated and can even taste better than you remembered before. When wintertime comes around and the snow starts to fall: what better way to replicate it than with a chocolate snowball cookie.
These homemade vegan snowball cookies are chocolate-packed, gluten-free, full of natural sugar, and suitable for those with nut allergies.
Vegan Snowball Cookie Recipe
You will need:
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 12 soft Medjool dates
- 1 chia or flax egg (1 tablespoon ground chia or flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling the cookies
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare your baking tray by greasing it with some organic oil or lining it with reusable parchment paper.
2. Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until it clumps into a ball. Roll into little balls of dough.
3. Roll the balls in a bowl of shredded coconut before placing them on the baking tray.
4. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the coconut turns golden. Leave to cool for around 10 mins before removing and placing on a cooling rack. They can either be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator in a closed container for about a week. They also freeze well.
- Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Cookies: A Festive Recipe
- How to Keep Your Feet Warm this Winter: 8 Tips
- 3 Ingredient Banana Cookies: Quick & Healthy
Do you like this post?