Who doesn’t love a chewy and gooey chocolate cookie? If you’re looking for a way to make a festive and vegan-friendly holiday treat, check out this plant-based chocolate peppermint cookie recipe.
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s easy to get caught in the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the holidays. Slow down and get lost in some baking therapy. Not only can baking take your mind off things, but it also forces you to focus on one thing at a time – plus you end up with some delicious treats at the end. We’re going to show you how to make chocolate peppermint cookies just in time for the holidays.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup salted vegan butter, softened (or vegan butter substitute)
- ⅓ cup muscovado sugar
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup fair trade cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2½ tsp oat milk
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- crushed candy cane pieces
- Using either a standing mixer or electric beater, cream the butter and sugars together. Then add the vanilla and peppermint extract in and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Add to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Mix in the milk until a thick dough forms, then add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll the dough into small tablespoon-sized balls and space evenly on a baking tray.
- Using a fork, press the balls gently to flatten and add a few more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane pieces on top of the cookies once they’re removed from the oven, then allow them to cool fully before storing.
Bring these chocolate peppermint cookies to family gatherings, potlucks, enjoy them at home, or put them out for Santa. For more vegan holiday baking, check out our recipe for no-bake dirty snowballs, or gingerbread cookies.
- Spending Christmas Alone: Tips for a Wonderful Holiday
- The Gift of Time: Great Ideas for Giving Quality Time
- Staycation Ideas: 6 Ways to Enjoy a Relaxing Vacation at Home
Do you like this post?