Made from natural ingredients, this soothing DIY bubble bath will leave you with baby-soft skin. Whether you suffer from stress, skin conditions, low energy, or injury, this bubble bath is here to help!
There are a few core ingredients for every bubble bath. To start, you need coconut oil for moisture, an unscented castile soap for the bubbles, and some water. We recommend using natural, organic and fair trade products whenever possible. Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap is a great choice and is often available in your local supermarket, as well as on Amazon**. If you don’t already have organic coconut oil at home or you cannot purchase it nearby, you can try Nutiva organic coconut oil, which is also available on Amazon**.
Basic DIY Bubble Bath Recipe
Here’s how you can make your own bubble bath at home.
- 2 cups castile soap
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
DIY Bubble Bath Recipe:
- Simply whisk together your three ingredients until you have a uniform consistency. Try not to mix the products too quickly because you don’t want your bubbles just yet!
- Pour your homemade bubble bath in an air-tight container such as a mason jar, and store it in a cool, dark space. Keep in mind the consistency of your bubble bath may change over the seasons, as coconut oil fluctuates between liquid and solid consistency depending on the temperature of its environment. My bubble bath came out fairly thick and milky white because the coconut oil I used was solid.
How to Use Your Homemade Bubble Bath
- Draw your bath.
- If you want to add any optional essential oils or other products, now would be the time to do so. Take a look at the next section for ideas on how to spruce up your bubble bath.
- If you want to stick to the simple, unscented bubble bath, then add a few spoonfuls of your homemade bubble bath when the water level is just a few inches from where you want it. Keep the water running and continue adding spoonfuls until you have the desired amount of suds. I used about a quarter cup.
- If you want to blow some actual bubbles while you’re in the tub, check out these DIY recipes for homemade sustainable bubble solution to spice up your bubble bath. Enjoy!
Bubble Bath Add-Ins for Skin Conditions, Stress Relief and Energy
There are loads of essential oils and other ingredients with all kinds of benefits that you can add to your DIY bubble bath. Some products are designed to soak into your skin, while others provide aromatherapy benefits. All of the ingredients below can be added to your bath along with the basic bubble bath mixture.
Products for extra soft skin:
- 1 cup organic coconut milk or 2 tablespoons of organic honey
Essential oils for dry skin, eczema and dermatitis:
- 4-6 drops geranium, patchouli, or rose essential oil
Essential oils for stress relief:
- 4-6 drops red mandarin, lavender, or bergamot essential oil
Essential oils for a refreshing, energizing effect:
- 4-6 drops eucalyptus or peppermint essential oil
- Begin drawing your bath.
- Add any of the above ingredients, depending on your desired benefit.
- Make sure your ingredients are dissolved and distributed evenly in the bath water.
- Run the bath until the water level is just a few inches from where you want it.
- Add your basic homemade bubble bath until you are satisfied with your level of bubbles. I used about a quarter cup.
- If you are looking for softer skin or relief from dry skin, eczema or dermatitis, make sure to soak in your bath for at least ten minutes. If you are looking for stress relief or energy, focus on taking deep breaths and enjoying the aromatherapy. Happy bathing!
DIY Bubble Bath for Sore Muscles, Achey Joints, and Injury Recovery
If you have a painful sprain, bruise or just generally sore muscles and joints, Epsom salt is a great, natural way to ease your pain and inflammation.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup homemade basic bubble bath
- Begin to draw your bath.
- Add Epsom salt.
- Add any other ingredients you would like.
- Once all the salt is dissolved and the water level is just a few inches from where you want it, add a quarter cup of DIY bubble bath. Feel free to add more until you have the desired level of bubbles.
- Enjoy your bath!
- Homemade Bath Bombs With All-Natural Ingredients
- Why Avoid Store-Bought Bubble Bath Products? The Truth
- Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub: An Easy DIY Recipe
Do you like this post?