Elevate your dessert game with our vegan lava cake recipe. Rich chocolate cake with a gooey lava center — no one will believe it's plant-based!
Are you looking for a decadent and indulgent dessert that’s both vegan and easy to make? Look no further than our vegan lava cake recipe. With its rich, chocolatey flavor and smooth, molten center, this dessert is sure to impress even the most discerning sweet tooth. But the best part? It’s made entirely with plant-based ingredients, so you can indulge in all its deliciousness without any guilt.
Whether you’re a committed vegan or simply looking to add more plant-based recipes to your repertoire, this vegan lava cake is sure to become a new favorite. You can make it in individual pots, and it only takes a few minutes to cook in the oven.
For help finding dairy-free chocolate, check out our guide: 9 Delicious Vegan Chocolate Brands.
Vegan Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 8 squares vegan chocolate
- 10 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 12 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup and 4 tbsp. plant-based milk
- Vegan butter for greasing
- Pinch salt
- Measuring spoons and scales
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 4 mini cocottes or ramekin dishes (Available on Amazon**)
- While you don’t need to preheat the oven every time, this vegan lava cake recipe requires you to heat your oven to 390°F.
- Grease each dish and dust with cocoa powder, then place two squares of vegan chocolate in the middle of each dish.
- In your medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the milk and whisk well. The resulting mixture should be very thin.
- Divide the mixture between the dishes.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until your vegan lava cakes have puffed up and look set. If you move them, they should jiggle slightly and still look like they are liquid inside.
- Serve immediately with fresh strawberries, homemade vegan ice cream or vegan cool whip.
- Vegan Red Velvet Cake: Better Than the Original Recipe
- Nutella Lovers, Unite & Learn How to Make Nutella at Home (It’s Vegan)
- 7 Oatmeal Alternatives to Spice Up Your Breakfast
- 8 Vegan Resorts for Your Next Foodie Holiday
Do you like this post?