From dance classes to raw poetry, this list of twenty-two unique Valentine's Day ideas has something for everyone. Read on to find the perfect gift or activity for your loved one this year.
Are you looking for a unique gift for Valentine’s Day or an activity to surprise your loved one? We have ideas for every budget, from simple pressed flowers to a fancy dinner for two. Whether you’re looking for interesting V-Day plans or a gift to be enjoyed for years to come, here is a list of twenty different Valentine’s Day idea for all the seven love languages that are sure to be a hit.
Unique Valentine's Day Activity Ideas
Some of the best gifts are those you and your partner can enjoy together. The gift of an experience is an opportunity to bond and make memories. This type of present is especially appreciated by those who fall in the quality time love language category. Surprise your partner with one of these activities for the day!
- Breakfast in bed: Surprise your partner in the morning with their favorite breakfast foods in bed.
- Concert tickets: Look into shows on Valentine’s Day and book tickets to an performance you know you’ll both enjoy, whether it’s in town or in a nearby city that requires a day trip.
- Botanical gardens: Treat your partner and yourself to a day at your local botanical gardens, where you can stroll through the beautiful greenery and flowers in bloom. Better yet, get seasonal tickets and keep coming back.
- Spa day: Whether you opt for an at-home spa experience or you go all out at a local spa, relaxation is always an appreciated gift. Book a couples massage, or gift some homemade facials, a DIY bubble bath and mani-pedis at home. If your partner’s love language is physical touch, a spa day at home might be the way to go!
- Go stargazing: Grab some snacks and blankets and head to a park with an unobstructed view of the sky. If the weather isn’t optimal for an outdoor cuddle, you can book tickets to a planetarium.
- Art gallery: Check out upcoming exhibitions and get tickets to a museum or gallery that is sure to wow your partner.
- Cooking class: Book a cooking class and finally learn to create one of the dishes you have enjoyed on vacation together and always wished you could make. You can also look into series of classes and do the first one on Valentine’s Day together.
- Dance class: Have fun and get a work out in by learning how to salsa, tango or do jazz dance.
- Day off: Help your partner relax by doing all their chores for the day so that they can enjoy a clean house, and a happy day with zero stress.
- Designated driver: Take your partner out for drinks and commit to being the DD so that your loved one can get tipsy and live it up.
- Plan a trip: Surprise your loved one with a short vacation. Wake them up early with the news that you’re going on a trip. Whether it’s a day trip or a couple nights away, what matters is that you put the thought and care into ironing out the details and presenting it to your partner with no hidden homework involved. Of course, make sure to check their schedule before planning anything too ambitious!
- Dinner for two: Get a sitter if needed and take your partner out to a romantic restaurant for a date night. Try something new or stick with your favorite spot in town.
- Opera: Is there an evening of opera happening near you on Valentine’s Day? Give yourselves a chance to dress to the nines and enjoy a romantic performance.
- Candle making: Sign up for a class or do it at home. You can make some lovely soy wax candles with your partner if you get the materials in advance. Not only will they provide lovely ambiance on the evening of Valentine’s Day, but they will help create a tangible memory of the day. Your partner will think of you every time they light them.
- Paint together: Set up some easels with canvases and lots of paint, and surprise your partner with this fun activity. You don’t have to be an expert painter for this activity — just put your feelings on the canvas. Try to channel your feelings for your partner and show your heart in your artwork. That might mean an abstract piece, a painting based on one of your favorite memories together, or something entirely different. At the end, you can swap paintings.
Unique Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
There’s nothing better than a gift from the heart. Wow your partner with a gift-giving love language with one or more of these homemade presents.
- Love letter: Pour your heart out on the page and give the gift of words of affirmation. Tell your partner how much you love them, and what they mean to you, and they will cherish that letter forever.
- Self-made jewelry: Put a twist on this classic gift by making homemade jewelry. Making the jewelry yourself lets you create a unique Valentine’s Day gift that you would not be able to find in a store. Go to a local jewelry-making shop and create something special that represents your partner and your relationship. You can even opt for matching pieces.
- Poetry: Write a poem for your partner. Anyone can do this, regardless of experience. All that matters is that you write something genuine and honest. Once you’ve figured out your poem, write it down on a fresh piece of paper using your best pen, and frame it in a small frame that your loved one can keep on their desk or nightstand. If you really get your creative juices flowing, you could even write a short book of several poems.
- Dried flowers: Give your partner flowers that will last forever by drying and preserving flowers at home.
- Baked goods: Surprise your loved one with some goodies decorated just for them.
- Photo album: If you and your partner don’t have many tangible photos, this is a great gift idea. Take the time to go through your many photos together, print them out, and then make a cute album or scrapbook of your memories together.
- Restore a family heirloom: This one isn’t technically homemade, but it’s a great gift idea. Is there something laying around the house that has sentimental value to your loved one but isn’t in the best shape, or isn’t even usable? Take the time to contact experts and get that item restored.
- 12 Sustainable & Unique Anniversary Gifts
- Furoshiki Wrapping Tutorial for Scarf & Fabric Gift Wrap
- Green Sex: 9 Tips for a Sustainable Love Life
- How to Use Deep Listening to Improve Your Relationships
Do you like this post?