Learn how to make your own, DIY, all-natural face wash from home and make expensive, store-bought face wash a thing of the past. All you need is five ingredients and a little bit of time.
Why Make a DIY Face Wash?
Commercial face wash products that you can buy in drugstores often come with a cocktail of nasty ingredients. Harsh chemicals, artificial colorings, and synthetic fragrances are all typically listed on the labels, and these beauty products can cost a pretty penny. Not to mention the collection of unnecessary plastic and paper packaging that comes with face wash products, which impact the environment both while they’re being produced and after they’ve been thrown away.
But when it comes to your skin, all-natural ingredients are always best. This is why so many people are reverting to making their own face washes at home, using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Why not give this DIY all-natural face wash recipe a go? It is inexpensive, easy to make, and you will know exactly what you are putting onto your skin.
DIY All-Natural Face Wash Recipe
- ¼ cup brewed organic chamomile tea
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap
- ½ tsp organic grapeseed oil (sub for organic hazelnut, almond, or olive oil)
- 8 drops essential oils (depending on your skin type, you can pick and choose which essential oils to add)
- optional: 3 drops vitamin E oil
How to Make a DIY Face Wash:
- Brew a cup of strong chamomile tea. Reserve a ¼ cup, putting it aside to let cool completely. To reduce waste, enjoy the rest of the tea while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. When the tea has completely cooled, add it in and mix to combine.
- Funnel the face wash into a bottle with a pump or a squirt bottle. Instead of buying these new, we suggest using cleaned-out old face wash bottles, or an old sports bottle that you have lying around.
How To Use Homemade Face Wash: Step-by-Step
- Rinse face well with warm water.
- Gently rub the face wash onto your face, either using your hands or a clean face towel.
- Rinse well.
- Follow up with your usual toner and moisturizer routine.
Cater Your DIY All-Natural Face Wash to Your Skin Type
Because this homemade DIY face wash doesn’t use any harsh chemicals, it is perfect for all kinds of skin. But the beauty of this recipe is that you can switch up the essential oils in it to treat different skin problems. Depending on your skin type, age, and even the season, different essential oils can cater to the individual needs of your skin, leaving you with a shiny, healthy glow.
Which essential oils work best for which skin type?
- For oily skin: Lemongrass essential oil
- For dry skin: Cucumber seed or sandalwood oils
- For acne-prone skin: Tea tree oil
- For reducing scarring: Frankincense essential oil
- Fresh Aloe Vera on Face: How to Use, Benefits, Side Effects
- DIY Makeup Remover: Five All-Natural Recipes
- Rose Water For Skin: Benefits and How To Use It
Do you like this post?