Commercial dental hygiene products are packaged in single-use plastic, and often contain coloring agents, preservatives and other additives. With homemade sage mouthwash, you can keep your mouth feeling fresh naturally.
Using mouthwash daily isn’t strictly necessary if you brush, floss, and clean your tongue properly and regularly. Ads of the big brands of commercially produced mouthwash will have you believe using their product on the daily is necessary for hygiene, and that your breath will smell without it. That is not true.
By making small batches of our all-natural sage mouthwash, you are free to use it whenever you feel like freshening up your breath with something herby and natural tasting.
Organic Sage Mouthwash With Himalayan Salt: The Recipe
Sage tea on its own has numerous health benefits, and saltwater is often used as a way to kill bacteria and reduce oral inflammation. By combining the two, you end up with a great anti-bacterial mouthwash made from natural ingredients.
- 5 oz. filtered water
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 6 organic sage leaves
- Place the sage leaves in a glass bottle.
- Dissolve salt in 5 oz. of boiling water.
- Once dissolved, pour the water inside the bottle and shake gently to combine. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Let cool.
How to Use:
- Swish with approximately 1 tbsp of sage mouthwash for about 10-15 seconds.
- Use after brushing your teeth.
Do you like this post?