Ginger water is an extremely healthy and refreshing drink for when you’re on the go. Here we’ll explain how to make your own and what makes it so healthy.
Ginger Water Recipe: Homemade and Fresh
You prepare ginger water like you would ginger tea and usually drink it at room temperature. It’s also quite the summer hit when served ice cold on a warm summer day.
- For each cup of ginger water, you’ll need one piece of ginger root about the size of your thumb. If you’re not using organic ginger, you should begin by peeling the ginger root.
- Cut into slices as thin as possible and place them in a mixing bowl or large glass.
- Add the boiling water.
- Let steep for approx. ten minutes.
- Wait until the drink cools to a temperature of your liking or enjoy it warm. Ginger water will last up to a day at the least once fully cooled.
Ginger: The Health Benefits
We’ve outlined the various benefits of ginger below:
- Ginger is antibacterial: Ginger naturally stops the spread of bacteria and viruses. This root is treasured during the flu season and makes for a worthy addition to your list of home remedies for the winter months.
- Ginger is rich in vitamins. It contains magnesium, iron, calcium, as well as vitamin C. It also a great source of sodium, potassium, phosphorous, resin and resin acid, healthy essential oils and ginger oil.
- Ginger stimulates blood flow and circulation. This is why ginger is so often used a detox cure.
- It can also curb your appetite and help you lose weight. Studies have shown that test subjects eat less while drinking a glass of ginger water at mealtime. Ginger increases the metabolism and stimulates stomach acid production and digestion.
- The ginger root is a cure for nausea making it an effective plant-based remedy for an upset stomach.
Ginger is used as a home remedy to stimulate digestion and circulation, as well as reduce viral reproduction – the perfect cure for all stuffy noses. Check out our guide Natural Home Remedies against Colds for more cures for stuffy noses and soar throats.
- Golden Milk Recipe: Health Benefits of the Turmeric Latte
- The Benefits of Ginger Tea: How to Make a Healthy Infusion
- Healthy Grocery List: 6 Unhealthy Foods to Cross Out
This article was translated from German to English by Evan Binford. You can view the original here: Ingwerwasser: Wie es wirkt und wie du es selber herstellst.underlined orange are partially partner links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org, because we will receive a small part of the sales proceeds. More info.
Do you like this post?