Here are three different bubble recipes that will show you how to make a DIY bubble solution without the chemical glycerine. It’s simple, safe, and easy and will make for hours of fun!
Soap bubbles are popular with children and adults alike. And the gleaming rainbow-colored spheres are even more fun when they’re homemade. There are countless recipes out there you can use to make your own DIY bubble solution.
However, the majority of bubble recipes use the base component glycerine. This is a chemical generally obtained from animal products, petroleum, or palm oil. So it can be a product of industrial farming, deforestation, or other practices which harm the environment.
If you want to show your kids how to make bubbles, it’s best to teach them a sustainable way. We’ll show you three recipes on how to make bubbles without using glycerine — using simple ingredients that you probably already have at home.
Warning: Ensure that children only work with the following ingredients under the close supervision of an adult.
1. How to Make Bubbles With Corn Syrup Instead of Glycerine
For this bubble recipe, you’ll only need three simple household ingredients. You can find corn syrup at organic food stores as well as well-stocked supermarkets and drugstores. Distilled water and dish soap can also be found in drugstores and supermarkets. Or you could use homemade dish soap.
For your homemade soap bubbles, you’ll need the following:
- 1 1/4 cups of distilled water
- 2/5 cups of dish soap
- 2 3/4 tbsps. of corn syrup
Here’s how to make your own DIY bubble solution:
- Mix the ingredients and let the mixture rest for at least an hour.
- Stir once more before you use it.
2. Bubble Recipe Using Vegetable Oil
You can also simply replace the glycerine with vegetable oil – one ingredient which you will certainly already have at home.
For this bubble solution recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 4 tbsps. of dish soap
- 2 to 4 drops of plant oil
Here’s how to make this quick and easy DIY bubble solution:
- Pour the water into a large pot.
- Add the dish soap while stirring until dissolved.
- Let the mixture sit for about five minutes.
- Add a few drops of vegetable oil and you’re done!
Tip: Did you know that simple vegetable oil is also a great home remedy for clogged ears?
3. DIY Bubble Solution Without Glycerine but Dish Soap
Finally, here’s one way to make bubbles without using glycerine or detergent.
For this simple and safe DIY bubble solution recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 gallons of water
- 25 oz. of neutral soap (can be found at your local drugstore)
- 17 1/2 oz. of sugar
- 1 2/5 oz. of wallpaper adhesive
Tip: If you’re interested in making your soap, you can find 3 soap recipes here.
For this bubble recipe, proceed as follows:
- Heat 1/4 gallon of water and pour it into a bucket or large pot.
- Pour the soap, wallpaper paste, and sugar into the water.
- Stir until the ingredients have dissolved.
- Add the remaining 1 1/4 gallons of lukewarm water.
- Continue stirring until the mixture forms a homogeneous liquid. Make sure that there is no foam.
- Let the liquid rest for about an hour.
- Stir again before use.
We hope you and your kids enjoy your DIY bubble solution!
Want to learn more about sustainable lifestyle choices? Follow us on Instagram!** Links to retailers marked with ** or underlined orange are partially partner links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.org, because we will receive a small part of the sales proceeds. More info.
Do you like this post?