There are many pomegranate molasses uses, and you can make this special sweetener yourself. Here is an easy recipe and some ideas of what to make.
What exactly is pomegranate molasses?
The word “molasses” is typically used to describe the dark, syrupy byproduct of refining sugarcane or sugar beets. “Pomegranate molasses” refers to the pomegranate juice reduced to make a syrup, with or without added sugar.
Pomegranates have many health benefits, and eating or juicing the seeds provides lots of vitamins and minerals, protein, fiber and antioxidants. You can also use the juice to make pomegranate molasses, adding a touch of magic to drinks, desserts and salads.
You can make the molasses yourself and experiment with a variety of uses for pomegranate molasses. To get you started, here are our top eight contenders.
How to Make Pomegranate Molasses
You don’t need a bunch of special equipment or ingredients to make pomegranate molasses. You can also make your own healthy, delicious pomegranate juice.
- Large saucepan
- Airtight glass jar or other container
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine the juice, sugar and lemon in a large pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue to simmer on low heat until the liquid has reduced to a syrupy consistency. It should take around an hour. The liquid will reduce to about 1 1⁄2 cups.
- Cool and pour the molasses into a container, placing it in the refrigerator until fully chilled.
- The mixture will stay fresh for up to six months in the fridge.
8 Tasty Uses for Pomegranate Molasses
Here are some of our favorite recipes to get you started using pomegranate molasses. While these recipes do not call for pomegranate molasses specifically, you can easily swap it in place of any other juice or sweetener.
- Kombucha Cocktails: 3 Recipes to Try in 2022
- Gluh Gin: How to Make Your Own Mulled Gin Cocktail
- 5 Delicious Ice Cream Recipes Without Ice Cream Maker
- Nice Cream Recipes: Vegan Banana Ice Cream in Five Minutes
- DIY Pumpkin Smoothie – An Easy, Healthy Recipe
- Quick Fruit Salad Recipe
- Vegan Chickpea Salad: A Healthy Lunch Idea
- Avocado Mango Salad Recipe
There are many more pomegranate molasses uses. Experiment with other recipes for exciting, sweet new taste combinations.
- Is Sugar Vegan? What You Should Look out For
- Cough Syrup With Onion Juice And Honey: Homemade Remedy for Coughs
- Homemade Electrolyte Drink: Quick & Easy Natural Rehydration
Do you like this post?