Turn the classic and much-loved autumnal dessert into a healthy and nutritious breakfast with our delicious vegan pumpkin pie overnight oats recipe.
Pumpkin pie overnight oats are a tasty seasonal version of overnight oats, full of spice, sweetness, and delicious pumpkin flavor. This simple breakfast recipe is ideal for those who find themselves with limited time in the morning, as you can prepare it in about 10 minutes the night before.
This vegan recipe uses almond or oat milk and maple syrup as a sweetener. Before serving you may wish to add more milk if the oats are too thick. If you aren’t a fan of cold breakfasts, warm the oats in the microwave for twenty to thirty seconds.
Pumpkins are in season in the fall in the United States, so that’s a great time to try this recipe — try to source local, organic pumpkins to reduce your carbon footprint. You can also learn how to preserve pumpkin to enjoy throughout the winter months. Let’s dive in and learn how to make delicious pumpkin pie overnight oats.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup homemade oat or almond milk
- ¼ cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp homemade pumpkin spice + extra to serve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan whipped cream (optional)
- Put the oats, maple syrup, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- Place in a bowl with a cover and refrigerate for four hours, or overnight to thicken the oats.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pumpkin spice, chopped pecans, and a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
Made your own puree and wondering what to do with the pumpkin seeds? Try making smoked pumpkin seeds as a delicious snack, or try out other ways to eat pumpkin seeds, shells and all.
- Do Nuts Go Bad? Tips and Tricks for Proper Storage
- Does Oatmeal Go Bad? 3 Questions Answered
- Vegan Baked Oats: Quick & Easy Recipe
Do you like this post?